Friday, May 12, 2006

Brief Baking Tip

I am spending the weekend baking cookies for an office party. I'm starting to feel a little like Donna Reed, but I have to say that if you have tried to bake cookies and they are spreading out too thinly and coming out too crisp, your oven is probably too hot. I finally had to put a candy thermometer in to check my oven's real temperature and found my old stove was running 10 degrees too hot. I turned it down to compensate and got my first batch of perfectly fluffy chocolate chip cookies.

2 comments:

UrbanLace said...

If only I had a Candy Thermometer I may not have burned 2 batches of cookies. In addition, if only ESPN hadn't been airing a Street Ball marathon I probably would have paid more attention. I would truly like your advice on finding the perfect 42" plasma for a kitchen. What do you think? By the way, your cookies were the best to me. And why am I up at 3 in the morning posting comments about cookies, basketball and plasmas?

Sarah said...

Probably for the same reason I am up at 1 AM posting about grocery stores. I think my kitchen TV is a Sharp...all I know is it's the size of a computer screen and it would have great reception if it weren't attached to Comcast cable.