Friday, January 18, 2008

Bread & Butter, Faster


I've been saying that I'm going to bake a loaf of bread for the past 4 consecutive weekends. I've got all of the ingredients ready to go, but I keep not getting around to it.

I used to make my own bread every week. This was back when I was in college and spending an afternoon in the kitchen was better than writing a 20 page essay.

I want to believe that all that kneading and waiting around makes the bread more delicious, but this No-Time bread recipe from AT:Kitchn has me curious. There's little kneading and you pop the dough in the microwave to accelerate the rising time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I make the No-Knead version of this bread -- I really like the idea of the No-Time! I will have to try it.

Here is my No-Knead experience:
http://lsalamida.blogspot.com/2007/09/no-knead-bread-revisited.html