Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Restaurant Review: Kitchen 1924

I recently ate a Kitchen 1924 in Lakewood. Despite their recent appearance in a Dallas top 10 list, I was not impressed. First, I found the restaurant to be quite loud and the service a little slow. I ordered the trout and my husband ordered the flatiron steak. We also ordered a side of mashed potatoes and a side of mac and cheese. The food was average - nothing better than what you would expect from a decent meal at a neighbor's house. The sides were extremely small as well, and were not cheap.

All and all, I ended up quite a bit poorer (at $25 - $40 a person) and feeling like I had eaten at home. I checked Guide Live's review for back-up on this opinion. Apparently I'm the only one who doesn't like this place.

Kitchen 1924
1924 Abrams Rd.
Dallas, 75214
214.821.1924

1 comment:

Erika said...

I had a similar disappointing experience when I went to Nandina recently. While the service there was good, the lackluster food did not reach Top 100 in Dallas caliber. At least it wasn't too pricy, though.

Kitchen 1924 catered the Swiss Ave spring home tour's closing dinner this past spring, and their picnic-like spread was very nice. Perhaps they're worth another try?