Friday, January 26, 2007

Patchwork Mirrors - DIY Modern?

I saw this post about the patchwork mirrors at NYC's Balthazar on ApartmentTherapy. Balthazar is a sort of European restaurant which is a popular SoHo brunch destination. We actually ate there on our trip a few weekends ago and the waffles with hazelnut cream were excellent.

I wasn't seated facing the bar, so I didn't get a good look at this, but wouldn't this be a cool modern update on the traditional framed mirror?

I think it might be even better with out a frame and using mirrors of different dimensions (squares and rectangles of varying sizes) to form a large rectangular mirror.

I saw an unframed version like this in magazine, but the mirrors were on a backboard and some had been propped up at a 45 degree angle. The effect was really cool. Unfortunately, I can't find a photo on the Web.

No comments: