Thursday, October 19, 2006

Decorating for the Dark Season

I love the feel of Halloween. Maybe it's because October is the first cool month after the long Texas summer, but this has always been my favorite time of year. I would love to capture the dark but comforting feeling of Halloween all year long as a part of my decor. I've mulled this idea over for the last few years, tried various dark paints and accent pieces, but my rooms always fall short of my expectations. For the rest of the month, I am going to keep a sharp eye out for decorating ideas with a sophisticated Halloween feel.

Every dark room needs a few candles and curiosities. Here are some I spotted at Z Gallerie .


Illusion candle holders. $19.95


Lacca pillar holders. $9.95 - $17.95


Buffalo horn on stand. $49.95


The Bedside Book of Birds. $29.95

No comments: