Monday, September 10, 2007

Fashion Distraction: Vera Wang at Kohl's

This weekend I remembered that Kohl's has a new collection of Vera Wang clothing. Simply Vera Wang debuted a week or so ago. I hadn't heard a lot about it, so I decided to drive out to the north suburbs (the nearest location of Kohl's) to check things out.

My hopes were not high. I assumed that I wouldn't like anything. I'd previewed the looks on the Kohl's site and they seemed a little too conservative. I was very pleasantly surprised.

I tried on 4 items and ended up with this adorable textured dress coat for $128 and this cotton lilac top for $50.

The quality was impressive. Better than Target's Go International! lines. The coat, especially, is a fabulous staple. You can wear it in the office as a jacket. For outdoors, I'm planning to get a pair of full length winter gloves to match. Vera has some in her collection, but they were a little uncomfortable.

The shirt fits beautifully. The shape is sort of like a bubble, and can be worn tucked in with a high waisted pant, or cinched in with a wide belt at the natural waist. I also paired it with the jacket, trouser jeans and a pair of patent leather pumps for a casual office look.

The store was almost out of smalls in every piece. If you order online, the sizes run a little large.

No comments: